8.27.2008

Don't Worry, Be Happy

As I was doing my usual morning perusal of friend's and family's blogs I came upon a post by my sister-in-law Melissa. It was a website giving the number one songs on any given day in history. I subsequently looked up my birthday and discovered that the number one song on September 19, 1988 was "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin. I love that song and really needed to hear that. This simple phrase encompasses so much in 4 words and can brighten anyones day. I needed to be reminded of that and to remember that no matter what happens, don't worry, be happy. "That's the beauty of life," as my dad says, "it's always changing!" We can't control it, we can only deal with what we've been handed so no matter whatever is going on in your life, paint a smile on that face, buck up, as a certain song says, "Life's what you make it, so let's make it Rock!" and Don't Worry, Be Happy.


Slap a smile on!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's a great song and great lyrics! Most of us need to be reminded of that phrase almost daily!!