8.31.2009

It is the function of speech to free men from the bondage of irrational fears

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
My English teacher put this on the board today and I really liked it. It's true I don't know what I'm going to do with my English degree when I (finally) graduate but the more English classes I take the more sure I am that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. We also did a rush write where she started a sentence on the board and gave us 3 minutes to finish it, this is what I wrote without even thinking...
Writing is Like...
...an ineffable joy when the right words come. It's something that can't be described to someone unwilling to try. It's my one release that doesn't have to fit perfectly into a box created by someone that doesn't understand me & the freedom it gives me.
Maybe you don't see it, but I was surprised by the way I feel about writing. Give me a piece of paper and I'll write, I usually do it out of habit and it usually starts out with me writing my name 10 times and then I just start going.
I don't know what it is but I love to write.

No comments: