1.31.2009

The big 2-0!!

What are friends for? For making you laugh when you never think you will again, for picking you up pushing you out the door and saying deal with it, so you can come back and thank them later. My best friend is turning 20 today and I wanted her to know how much I love her and have appreciated her the last few years. She's been there through the school stress, the hard times when I had noone else to turn to, she's seen me through all the boyfriends I never had in high school and has shared in all of my happiest moments! She's the kind that knows how to be silly but you know in any kind of panic moment she'll be the first to slap your face, tell you to shut up and sit down and help you get through it, because that's her job. We once dreamed of running off to USU with Martha where we could play all the time and take "day trips to Idaho!" She spent a week under a towel to avoid the sun on the best trip to Lake Powell ever, she snuck out to see Hairspray with me when I was having a bad day, and I can't count the times we skipped class, bought Cafe Rio and watched movies, just to be together and have fun. But our single greatest feat of high school will forever be Sally's birthday, while our single greatest night which we will never forget was the Beach Boys concert in our homemade go-go girls dresses where we were virtually famous! She may be a little off color, but that's why I love her, so look out world, Erin's growing up!!


2 comments:

Martha said...

That was SO cute! Happy Birthday Erin!

emaughan said...

OH My ky you are adorable thank you!!!