6.24.2009

Words!!

Ok, I have this weird love for words and I don't know when it started, but I've always had it. I think it's part of why I love reading so much; there are sooo many words you can learn and store for later use! In the Judith McNaught books Gentry and my mom introduced me to there are tons and tons of amazing words I've never heard before and I'm learning tons! My latest word (and my word of the month) is.....

PERSPICACITY
-keenness of mental perception or understanding; discernment

That might seem a little anti-climatic but it made me hyper for about 10 minutes! I always have dictionary.com pulled up on my computer so I can research a new word when I find it! I absolutely love words!

2 comments:

Carissa said...

This has always been one of my favorite words. I tend to use it more as an adjective (perspicacious).

Martha said...

I really like the word ajolt. You know, like, AJOLT!